As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a new article that will show you some of the best TIG welders you should consider purchasing right now.
There are lots of different TIG welder machines in the world, so you can find it difficult to find the best machine that is suitable for you. Now, in this article, we will show you some of the best tips that may be useful to help you choose the best TIG welder for home use.
Welding is the process of mixing 2 pieces of metal with heat. We can see welding in our homes, and shops. While steel may be the most common metal used to weld, welders also work with other metals. Besides, welders also operate in all different kinds of environments. Generally, welding takes on a few different forms, including TIG welder. These welders perform one of the most common kinds of welding. Now, before learning how to choose the best TIG welder, you need to know what TIG welding machine is.
Table of Contents
- What Is TIG Welder ?
- How To Choose Best TIG Welder?
- Top 10 TIG Welder 2023
- Best TIG Welder Reviews 2023
- 1 – S7 Tig Welder, HF TIG/Stick/Arc TIG Welder
- 2 – YESWELDER TIG-205DS HF TIG/Stick/Arc TIG Welder
- 3 – TOOLIOM 200A TIG Welder
- 4 – LOTOS TIG200 200A AC/DC Aluminum Tig/Stick Welder
- 5 – AHP AlphaTIG 203Xi 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder
- 6 – PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder
- 8 – Eastwood AC/DC TIG Welder
- 9 – Miller Electric TIG Welder
- FAQs – TIG Welder
What Is TIG Welder ?
TIG welding can be used for welding many types of metals that are reactive at room temperature. A TIG welder often works with stainless aluminum or steel, but it can also work on other metals. In order to use a TIG welder, we need to hold the rod of the welder in one hand while holding the heat source in the other. Then, we melt the rod into the metal so that there is connection between two pieces. And during this process, we need to blow tungsten inert gas into the weld in order to protect it from any contaminates or particles in the air. TIG welding should not cause any spatter, sparks, smoke or fumes.
TIG welder is used for critical joints and for small or extremely precise welds. Besides, it can be used for a variety of metals. If performed correctly, it can produce a high-quality weld if compared with other welding processes. The price for the services of TIG welding is also affordable, but it will be various, depending on the metals being welded.
Apart from advantages, TIG welders also other some disadvantages. Firstly, there are some metals we cannot weld with TIG welder. Secondly, TIG welder should only be used on clean metals. This is because welding dirty metals can cause a weaker weld quality. Thirdly, this welding process takes a high level of dexterity and skill to perform if compared with other kinds of welder. Another drawback of TIG welding is that we can find it difficult to take apart 2 welded products without destroying each one. Moreover, although the cost for TIG welding is affordable, the process has to be done by an experienced welder, hence resulting in higher labor costs. The last disadvantage of TIG welder is that when done improperly, contaminations, as well as unbalanced heating can cause defective or warped products, hence causing wasted materials and cost increase.
How To Choose Best TIG Welder?
If you are looking for a cheap way to join two metals, you can consider choose TIG welder. On the market today, there is a variety of TIG welders with different features. Some features you should consider when purchasing TIG welder include:
TIG welder is all about controlling the heat that is applied to the metal. According to the manufacturers, the latest TIG welders can create the higher number of pulses for each second than older TIG welders. TIG pulsing can be used for thin metal or difficult joints. The higher the pulsing rate is, the stronger the weld will be. With higher pulsing rate, welders will travel faster along the metal and you will have a cleaner welding. Therefore, if appearance is important for your welding or you have to weld lots of thin metal, TIG welders with high pulsing rate should be your solutions.
A reliable foot pedal is a vital factor for TIG welding. Pedals allow welders to control the heat input with the foot. Besides, the best foot pedal should not slope at too high in order to avoid causing foot fatigue.
When selecting a TIG welder, you should choose the machine that offers the widest amperage range. This is because a TIG machine with a narrow amperage range will be able to limit the variety of welding materials. Meanwhile, a welder with a range of 5 to 230A offers the flexibility you require.
AC and DC welding
If you want to weld more than just stainless or steel, the right TIG welder should have both AC and DC options. For instance, you should use AC on metals such as aluminum and magnesium and DC on metals like deoxidized copper and stainless steel.
Easy to use
A good TIG welder should be easy to use and control. Even for entry level users.
Many TIG welders also offer some extra features that contribute to overall lifespan and durability. For example, some TIG welders have cooling fans that run continuously, or after the machine heats up. And, having constantly running fan can cause the reduction in the machine’s life by drawing in lots of dust and dirt. Meanwhile, thermostatically controlled fans allow the inside of the welder to thermally cycle between cold and hot. Ideally, a running fan should only offer cooling if needed.
Choosing the best TIG welder for a beginner involves more factors than just purchasing for the lowest price. You should choose a TIG machine that makes high quality welds, even on very heat sensitive materials. Beyond that, you should choose a machine that has enough versatility, right controls and amperage range.
Top 10 TIG Welder 2023
Best TIG Welder Reviews 2023
Selecting a high-quality TIG welder may be difficult, especially for the beginners. So, in this article, we will show you some of the best TIG welding machines on the market. Now, you should read the best TIG welder reviews to find out the best machine for you.
1 – S7 Tig Welder, HF TIG/Stick/Arc TIG Welder
An S7 Tig welder is a high frequency (HF) TIG/Stick/Arc welder that uses a unique, patent-pending process to deliver a more consistent, higher quality weld. The process is based on a solid-state design that uses high-frequency energy to create a plasma arc between the tungsten electrode and the work piece. This arc is then used to heat the metal, which melts the filler material and creates a weld pool.
The process is controlled by a computer, which allows the operator to set the welding parameters and monitor the process. The S7 Tig welder is available in a variety of models that can be used for a variety of applications, including welding aluminum, stainless steel, and other metals.
It’s a 200 amp TIG welder that can be used with both 110 and 220 volt power supplies, making it versatile and easy to use.
- It is a very versatile machine that can be used for a variety of welding applications.
- It is very easy to use and provides a high degree of control over the welding process.
- It is very efficient and can save a lot of time and money.
- It is very safe to use and can help to prevent accidents.
- The tungsten electrode can become contaminated with the workpiece material, which can affect the quality of the weld.
2 – YESWELDER TIG-205DS HF TIG/Stick/Arc TIG Welder
The YesWelder MIG-205DS is a versatile MIG welder that can be used for a variety of applications. It has a dual voltage design that allows it to be used with either 110 or 220 volt power sources. It also has a gasless welding function that makes it ideal for use in welding aluminum. The welder also includes a lift TIG function that makes it perfect for use in welding stainless steel and other metals.
The welder also has an ARC function that makes it perfect for use in welding a variety of materials. The welder includes a digital display that makes it easy to set the welding parameters. The welder also includes a carrying case and a welding mask.
- The machine is also capable of welding aluminum, making it an ideal choice for those who need to weld this material.
- The machine is easy to use and comes with a user-friendly interface that makes it simple to set up and use.
- The machine comes with a variety of features that make it a great choice for any welder, including a built-in ammeter, a welding torch, and a ground clamp.
- The machine is also backed by a one-year warranty, making it a great choice for anyone who needs a reliable and durable welding machine.
- Is also not as powerful as some of the other welders out there.
3 – TOOLIOM 200A TIG Welder
The TOOLIOM 200A TIG Welder is a 2-in-1 welding machine that can be used for TIG, stick, and arc welding. It features IGBT digital inverter technology, which allows for a more stable and efficient welding performance.
This machine has dual voltage capability (110V/220V), which allows it to be used in different locations and it’s also equipped with high frequency TIG welding capability, which can improve the quality of the weld.
It has a TIG amp range of 20-200A, and it also has an adjustable post-flow time, which can help to control the flow of argon gas and improve the quality of the weld. Additionally, it has a 2T/4T function which allows the welder to choose between 2-touch or 4-touch operation, which can make it easier to control the welding process.
The machine is also equipped with a digital display, which can provide useful information such as the current welding mode, amperage, and voltage, which can help the welder to make more precise adjustments.
- Dual voltage capability (110V/220V) which allows the machine to be used in different locations
- High frequency TIG welding capability can improve the quality of the weld
- Adjustable post-flow time can help to control the flow of argon gas and improve the quality of the weld
- 2T/4T function can make it easier to control the welding process
- Digital display can provide useful information such as the current welding mode, amperage, and voltage, which can help the welder to make more precise adjustments.
- Some users have reported that the machine may require some experience to use effectively
4 – LOTOS TIG200 200A AC/DC Aluminum Tig/Stick Welder
Although almost all TIG welders suggested in this post are helpful for both home repairs or professional work. If you want to invest something that has industrial-quality features, take this LOTOS TIG200 into account.
The features are rich and certified:
- The dual voltage at either 110VAC or 200VAC, along with dual frequency at 50Hz/60Hz
- Advanced square-wave inverter technology and HF start
- Ability to generate power efficiency at 80%
- Certified: IP21 Protection; ISO-9001 certification; ETL approval; CE; CCC; CSA; etc.
- It is worth every penny.
- I really like its TIG welding, especially when working with aluminum. You might all know that this metal is hard to weld compared with mild steel.
- Hence, TIG welding is in need to use the AC welding and electrode cycle to etch away the aluminum oxide and then, to input heat for the aluminum welding.
- Get back to the LOTOS TIG200, I have successfully welded ⅜ aluminum work without any problem.
I have not checked all functions yet, but the highlight features work well as advertised. Excellent!
- It is good in features and affordable in price.
- However, it is better to improve more regarding the foot petal.
- First, it seems too long.
- Second, when turning off the machine, you have to switch from TIG welding to Stick welding or from petal to no pental. It takes a little time.
5 – AHP AlphaTIG 203Xi 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder
AHP AlphaTIG 203Xi welder is most commonly used on aluminum and stainless steel, but it is rated to be ideal for other metals as well. Whether you use this machine for home repairs, business or hobby welding, this machine will surprise you.
Some technical details are:
- Advanced Inverter technology with Pulse Width Modulation
- Square-wave inverter welding with pulse frequency
- HF start TIG and a foot pedal for better welding control and operation
- Just weigh 38 pounds
- Pulse frequency range 5 to 5HZ
- Pulse AMP control 10-200 A
This AHP AlphaTIG 203Xi welder offer some advantages that make it a highly-recommended TIG welding machine under $1000. Some advantages include:
- Having ability to work on thin materials.
- Simple set up and operation
- Quality TIG welding on stainless, aluminum, or steel
- This welder is heavier than some other models. Instead, it is just okay to move around at home or in your garage. However, if you need to move it a little for a small business, you may need to ask someone else for help.
6 – PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder
The PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder is a versatile welder that can handle a variety of projects. With a 225 amp output, it can weld thick or thin materials with ease.
The IGBT technology ensures a precise weld, while the AC/DC capability means it can be used for a variety of metals. The included foot pedal makes it easy to control the welder, and the digital display makes it easy to read the settings. The welder also comes with a carrying case and 3 years warranty.
- It is a compact, lightweight and easy-to-use welder that delivers a lot of power.
- Welder is a very versatile machine.
- It can be used for welding a variety of metals, including steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- It can also be used for welding a variety of thicknesses, from thin sheet metal to 1/4 inch steel.
- Price could be considered high for some users
7 – Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD AC DC 200 Amp Tig/Stick Welder
The Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD is a versatile welding machine that can be used for TIG welding with an amp range of 5-200A and for stick welding with an amp range of 20-180A (AC/DC). It has a number of customizable settings that allow for precise control over the welding process.
The pre-flow, up slope time, down slope time, and post flow settings can be adjusted within the ranges of 0.1-1 seconds, 0-10 seconds, 0-25 seconds, and 0-15 seconds respectively. These settings control the flow of argon gas and the timing of the arc, which can affect the quality of the weld.
The pulse peak on time and frequency can be adjusted between 10-90% and 0.5-200Hz respectively. Pulse welding allows for improved control over the heat input, which can lead to a better weld.
- Dual voltage capability (220V/110V) which allows the machine to be used in different locations
- 3 year warranty
- Pulse welding capability allows for improved control over heat input and better weld quality
- Adjustable settings for pre-flow, up slope time, down slope time, post flow, pulse peak on time, pulse frequency, AC balance, and AC frequency allow for precise control over the welding process
- Can be used for TIG welding with an amp range of 5-200A and for stick welding with an amp range of 20-180A (AC/DC)
- The machine is relatively heavy and bulky, which could make it difficult to transport and maneuver.
8 – Eastwood AC/DC TIG Welder
The Eastwood AC/DC TIG Welder is a powerful welding system that is capable of welding materials up to 1/4 inch thick. It features input currents of 23.8 amps on 240v and 20.0 amps on 120v for TIG welding and 36.2 amps on 240v and 19.2 amps on 120v for stick welding.
The welder has an output current adjustment range of 10-190 amps for TIG welding on 240v and 10-145 amps on 120v, and 10-185 amps for stick welding on 240v and 10-140 amps on 120v. The input voltage range for TIG welding is 10.4v – 17.6v on 240v and 10.4v – 15.8v on 120v and for stick welding is 20.4v – 27.4v on 240v and 20.4v – 25.6v on 120v.
The welder uses a high-frequency starting method and has a TIG welding AC duty cycle of 60% at 190 amps and 100% at 143 amps on 240v, and 60% at 100 amps and 100% at 77 amps on 120v. The stick welding duty cycle is 60% at 185 amps and 100% at 143 amps on 240v, and 60% at 60 amps and 100% at 46 amps on 120v.
It also has the feature of post-gas flow of 2-8 sec and pre-gas flow of 0.1-1.0 sec. This welder is designed for professional and industrial use and is suitable for welding various types of metals, including aluminum, stainless steel, and mild steel.
- Dual voltage capability allows for versatility in different welding projects and environments.
- Can weld materials up to 1/4 inch thick, making it suitable for heavy-duty welding jobs.
- Square-wave inverter allows for precise welding of aluminum and other non-ferrous materials.
- High-frequency starting method helps to minimize the chances of tungsten contamination.
- Rocker style foot pedal allows for hands-free control of welding current.
- Has the capability to stick weld using both AC and DC.
- IGBT Secondary Inverter Technology ensures a stable and reliable welding performance.
- The welder may be more expensive than other welding systems on the market.
9 – Miller Electric TIG Welder
The Miller Electric TIG Welder is a welding machine that is capable of TIG welding mild steel and aluminum materials. It has a material thickness range of 0.020 inches to 3/16 inches for mild steel and thin gauge to 3/16 inches for aluminum. The welder has a single-phase input and an input voltage of 120/240V AC. It has a maximum output of 160 amps and a minimum output of 5 amps, with a 60% duty cycle. The machine weighs 13 lbs and has a DC polarity. The series is Maxstar 161 STL.
The welder is designed for both mild steel and stainless steel welding and has a rated output of 130A @ 15.2V and an input current of 15 amps. The welder input frequency is 50/60Hz.
This machine is suitable for a wide range of welding projects and can be used for both mild steel and aluminum welding. The high output and wide range of amperage settings make it suitable for both light and heavy-duty welding projects. The machine is relatively lightweight and easy to transport.
- Capable of TIG welding mild steel and aluminum materials
- Wide range of amperage settings for both light and heavy-duty welding projects
- Relatively lightweight and easy to transport
- Suitable for a wide range of welding projects
- May require some experience to use effectively
10 – Square Wave® TIG 200 TIG Welder K5126-1
For the money, the dual TIG/stick welding machine you can buy on the market is the Square Wave TIG 200. From its capabilities of AC and DC to its stick welding capabilities, there is not much this machine has left out. Some of its top features are adjustable AC balance, high-frequency starting, and an inverter based design for portability and unmatched power. Besides, this machine provides smooth AC TIG welding on materials like aluminum as well as DC TIG welding on materials such as steel, chrome-moly and stainless steel.
Some technical details are:
- 200 amps output
- Input power: 120-230V
- Pulse: 0.1-20 per second
- Foot Amptrol, Ground Clamp and Stick Electrode Holder
This TIG welding machine gives you some beneficial features and some of them include:
- Having AC balance and frequent adjustment
- Work on well on aluminum
- Having high-frequency start and simple control interface
- Having foot pedal control for safer using
- In terms of disadvantages of the Square Wave® TIG 200 TIG welder, the first thing is that it is a bit pricey. However, the price is worth paying because of its excellent performance on welding jobs.
FAQs – TIG Welder
1. What is a TIG welder?
A TIG welder is a device that uses a tungsten electrode to create an electric arc. This arc is then used to heat and weld metal together.
2. What are the benefits of a TIG welder?
Some benefits of using a TIG welder include:
- The ability to weld a wide range of materials, including stainless steel, aluminum, and copper
- A cleaner weld than with other welding processes
- Greater precision and control
3. What are the different types of TIG welders?
There are three main types of TIG welders:
- DC (direct current) welders
- AC (alternating current) welders
- HF (high frequency) welders
4. What is the difference between DC and AC welders?
DC welders create a welding arc using direct current, while AC welders use alternating current.
5. What is the difference between HF and non-HF welders?
HF welders use high frequency current to create a more stable welding arc. Non-HF welders do not use high frequency current.
6. What are the different parts of a TIG welder?
The different parts of a TIG welder include:
- The power supply
- The welder
- The foot pedal
- The torch
- The gas hose
- The water hose
7. What is the power supply?
The power supply is the part of the TIG welder that provides electricity to the welder.
8. What is the welder?
The welder is the part of the TIG welder that creates the welding arc.
9. What is the foot pedal?
The foot pedal is the part of the TIG welder that allows the welder to adjust the welding current.
Purchasing the best TIG welder is not easy for many users, especially the entry level users. You must choose the machine that has good quality welding on many different materials. Additionally, you have to make sure that you pick a machine with adequate amperage range, automatic controls and adaptability. And, with this TIG welder reviews 2023, you can find the best machine that suits all of your requirements.